Echo D. Ryan
University of Denver College of Law
University of Northern Colorado
Professional Experience and Areas of Concentration
Echo D. Ryan is a Non-Equity Shareholder with Montgomery Little & Soran. Ms. Ryan is a trial attorney with experience across a broad range of matters including complex commercial litigation, construction litigation, real estate litigation and legal malpractice. Ms. Ryan is also an accomplished appellate practitioner. Ms. Ryan is admitted to practice in the State of Colorado and the United States District Court for the District of Colorado.
Before joining the firm of Montgomery Little & Soran, P.C., Ms. Ryan worked at a law firm handling the prosecution of loan repurchasing claims against loan originators who sold defective loans on the secondary mortgage market.
During law school, Ms. Ryan served as the law clerk for Chief Judge William B. Sylvester in the 18th Judicial District for the State of Colorado. Prior to clerking for Chief Judge Sylvester, Ms. Ryan worked as a clerk for Magistrate (now Judge) Anne M. Ollada in Arapahoe County. While at the University of Denver, Ms. Ryan also participated in the Wills Lab, a practicum in which law students provided low income clients with individually drafted wills, durable powers of attorney for medical matters, living wills, and burial instructions.
Ms. Ryan attended the University of Northern Colorado where she majored in Sociology with an emphasis in Criminal Justice and minored in Political Science and Legal Studies. While attending the University of Northern Colorado, Ms. Ryan interned with the Weld County Public Defender’s Office.
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Arapahoe County Bar Association (Board of Directors July 2014 to June 2015)(Co-chair Meetings Committee)
- Secretary, Arapahoe County Bar Association (July 2015 to present)
- Member, Colorado Defense Lawyers Association (Membership Committee Member September 2013 - September 2015)
- Member, Arapahoe County Bar Association Foundation
- Volunteer, Arapahoe County High School Mock Trial Competition
- Volunteer, St. Mary’s Model United Nations Competition
- Volunteer, University of Denver Lawyering Process Program
- Volunteer, Daniel S. Hoffman Mock Trial Competition
- Volunteer, University of Denver Professional Mentoring Program
- Elk Falls Property Owners Association v. Dunwody, 12CA0653 (Colorado App. May 2, 2013).
- Fidelity National Title Company v. First American Title Insurance Company, 2013 COA80 (Colorado App. May 23, 2013).
- The Hal Marshall Sears Revocable Trust v. Performance Engineering, Inc., 12CA0416 (Colorado App. February 21, 2013).
- Meyer v. United General Title Insurance Company, 11CA2333 (Colorado App. January 17, 2013).
- SK Peightal Engineers, Ltd v. Mid Valley Real Estate Solutions V, LLC, 2015C07 (Colorado February 9, 2015).
- “Ethical Quandaries in the Practice of Immigration Law,” 1st Annual American Immigration Lawyers Association Rocky Mountain Regional Conference, October 12, 2012.
- “The Joint Representation of Clients: Engagement Letter through Trial,” Colorado Defense Lawyers Association 2013 Summer Conference, August 1-3, 2013.
- “Professionalism in the 21st Century,” Arapahoe County Bar Association Professionalism Matters CLE, October 16, 2014.
- “Proposed Civil Rule Changes Group Discussion,” Presenter and Moderator, Arapahoe County Bar Association, March 18, 2015.